Friday, December 17, 2010

Planning for Next Year

Yesterday was my birthday! I spent the morning decorating the Christmas tree and the house. My wonderful husband made me breakfast in bed, gave me a dozen red roses, a romantic card, a pair of diamond stud earrings, and took me out to dinner. All four of my sons called or visited to wish me a happy birthday. I am so spoiled! I had a wonderful day.

This was my birthday gift to myself.

Here are a couple of my favorite quilts from this book.


I also bought about ten yards of Jo Morton scrap fabrics found on Etsy which I hope to receive sometime next week. And then I began wondering what other small quilt patterns I might have. I have some Jo Morton patterns and books. I took a peek in one of the many boxes where I store patterns I've bought through the years. These are only a few of what I found.



Oh, I am going to be so busy! Yay!

Finally, a photo of our live Christmas tree before it was decorated. The quilt behind it is Rail Fence, one of my very favorite quilts. It was pieced from my husband's great-aunt Clara' scrapbag. Most of the fabrics are early 20th century.

5 Comments:

Blogger Juliann said...

Happy birthday. I have that book and I am just finishing the vase quilt in the first picture. I love the hour glass quilt (I think that is what it is) at the top right of your blog. Enjoy your small quilt making time. I am off for two weeks and hope to be doing a lot of stitching.

December 18, 2010 at 6:02 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Happy birthday!! What awesome gifts you received!! :) Happy Holidays!

December 18, 2010 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger antique quilter said...

Happy Birthday
I love the quilt you have hanging on the wall.
any chance you can take a close up of the blocks?
funny at first I thought it was a log cabin and then read you said it was a rail fence.
just beautiful. really enjoying your blog and have been going thru many of the posts!
Kathie

December 31, 2010 at 12:13 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Monique, you have a delightful blog, love all your little quilts! I bought that very same book for myself, have one of the projects appliqued and ready to piece the border. I want to make ALL of them! Happy New Year!

December 31, 2010 at 7:05 AM  
Blogger baukje said...

HI, I love your blog . i am also a doll quilt fan. Those angel and bird patterns are gorgeous. Do you where I could buy them?

November 15, 2011 at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home