Thursday, April 21, 2011

Quilt Names

I really like the idea of making quilts in a series, but I've realized I'm going to need to come up with names for them. Of course I could always call them "One Patch: No. 1, One Patch: No. 2" and so on, but how boring is that! One suggestion I thought of is to look through some books of poetry for phrases that might work. Another is to decide on some colors and think about what those colors mean to me. If you have any ideas to share about how to come up with some creative names, I'd love to hear them!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

How about names of dolls? Betsy's something, or baby names?
This site looks fun:
http://nameberry.com/blog/hello-dolly-names-from-the-doll-world

April 21, 2011 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger Merilyn said...

I name all my quilts, but I don't have a formula! I let the quilt tell me during its creation what to call it! Sometimes it is the blocks that inspires me or the layout or the fabric theme, ie. repro, bright, oriental, childrens etc. They all inspire some response from me and it just happens from there!! I have enjoyed looking around your blog!!! (now I'm a follower!)

April 22, 2011 at 1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home