Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

It's almost 5 a.m. on New Year's Eve day and I've been up for two hours. It's my own fault, really, as I went to sleep at 9 p.m. Unless I take a nap this afternoon, I'm unlikely to still be awake at midnight tonight.

I finished the bindings on two doll quilts yesterday, but by the time I was done, it was much too dark to take photographs. I really like photos taken in natural light; flashes end up making everything look harsh. So I am impatiently waiting for the morning and hoping that it's not cloudy and dark.

The last couple of hours I've been quilting my Civil War Baskets doll quilt. Over a year ago I came across this photo on Flickr and promptly fell in love. I had no idea that there was a pattern for this quilt and it only after I had drafted a pattern and made the quilt did I discover it in a book, Remembering Adelia, by Kathleen Tracy. I wish I'd known that at the time! My quilt is a bit different; the handles are wider, for example. It's also larger. My blocks are 5" square while the pattern called for 4" square blocks. Still, I love it! If I'm lucky, I'll be able to finish quilting it and binding it today and meet my goal of completing all my unfinished doll quilts by the end of the year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Juliann said...

I have just discoverd Kathleen Tracey this past month and am in love with her patterns. I have made a kit for the Orange Peel quilt and was thinking I might make those baskets too. Hope you can get a nap today so you can stay awake and stitch your way into 2011.

December 31, 2010 at 7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home