Friday, April 22, 2011

One Patch Series: Spring Storm


Here is the first doll quilt in this new series. The name was suggested by the fabrics--the blue polka dots reminds me of raindrops and the white/beige print of mud puddles. I quilted it in on the diagonal to represent rain falling. We've had a lot of rain this spring so it seemed right. Of course, today is a bright and sunny day!

The blocks are 1 1/2 squares and the quilt is 11 x 13 1/2. It is hand pieced and hand quilted. Here is a closeup of some of the blocks.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Civil War Quilter said...

It's a darling little quilt! can't wait to see #2 in the series.

April 22, 2011 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Me and My Stitches said...

Cute little quilt - I love the light fabric - I think I have bought a bolt of that print!

April 23, 2011 at 5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home