Monday, December 12, 2011

Building Houses from Scraps


There's a new icon on my sidebar. It's from building houses from scraps. This a sew along where quilters will piece one 3" house block each day in 2012. I'll be (hopefully) getting the block as a .pdf later this week. Here is the webpage address. Note the Google translator button on the left. The translation isn't perfect, but it helps. There are over 800 people signed up so far. If you want to join, send an e-mail to Jeanneke at mail@jeanneke.com If you have a blog, include the address and she'll add it to her sidebar. She'll be emailing all those who join the pattern on December 15th.

I'm a little nervous about this as it seems daunting. Each 3" square has 16 pieces and will need 8 different fabrics. It's the number of so many small pieces that worry me, not the fabrics! I have plenty of those and have begun pressing little pieces in readiness. I will use only blues for the sky and yellows for the windows, but I'm going to use the everything-but-the-kitchen-sink when it comes to the rest f the fabrics. I know some organized quilters will use only 1930s feedbacks or only batiks, but no, not me! I'm going to use everything!

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Monique..I know it will be superb! I too am going to try to get in on this I have 3 heft barrels of scraps that need to be used so this is perfect. I don`t think I will be as uniformed as you will be with windows and skies i need to get all the scraps in there...

I will be glad to cheer you on as you commit each of your 18pieces to a special home for 2012!

December 12, 2011 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Merilyn said...

Sounds like a great 'little' project! I will look out for your pdf when you post it! I'm not sure about a house block per day, but could certainly try one or two a week due to my busy work schedule! Either way I could end up with a quilt of some size at the end of it!! I love your idea of keeping some uniformity for the sky and windows, hmmmm! What fun, and I too have lots of small scraps to use up!!!!

December 12, 2011 at 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home