Friday, December 31, 2010

Some Ideas For Next Year

I don't make resolutions. I have goals. That means that I have resolutions that are measurable. Of course, goals can go by the wayside as easily as resolutions, but I am an eternal optimist and persevere in making them. I also have a lot of ideas for goals which are just that--ideas. This means I haven't committed myself fully to them; I'm just thinking about them. That said here are some of my goals and ideas.

** Put together kits (pattern, cut out pattern pieces, needle, thread, and anything else needed to complete blocks for a quilt) together in quart-sized ziplock bags. Sometimes I have ideas for quilts and then later forget them. This will help keep me organized. Okay, I'm laughing at myself. Organization is not my strongest point.

** Commit to making two doll quilts a month. That means complete, including binding and label. That would mean 24 quilts a year. Woo-hoo! I thought about one quilt a week, but that's too much. I also have goals on my other blogs so I'm trying to keep it reasonable.

** Idea: Find a focus for each month. Here's one example using themes:
January: Crazy Winter (liberated quilt patterns in brights)
February: Love and Log Cabins (hearts and various log cabin
variations,although not necessarily both in the
same quilt)
March: Chickens, Cats, and Sheep
April: Flowers
May: Baskets
June: Houses
July: Stars
August: Pinwheels and Hourglasses
September: Nine patches
October: Maple Leaves and Flying Geese
November: Turkeys and Pumpkins (probably mostly pumpkins!)
December: Trees, Snowmen, and Angels

Here's another example using colors:
January: white, gray, cream, neutrals
February: red and pink
March: green
April: purple and violet
May: pastels
June: blues
July: red, white, and blue
August: yellow and orange
September: muted tones, dark tones
October: blacks and grays
November: brown and beiges
December: red and green

Other monthly ideas might be fabrics (solids, flowers, pastels, stripes, dots, two color) or shapes (square, rectangles, triangles, circles, hexagons, applique).

Well, it's a start!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home