Saturday, January 1, 2011

Last Doll Quilt of 2010


I finished it last night and took the photo this morning. This is also the last of my unfinished doll quilts! I will be able to start fresh in 2011.

This doll quilt is based on Civil War Baskets, a quilt in Remembering Adelia by Kathleen Tracy. I was unaware of this book when I pieced the top, basing my quilt on a photo on Flickr.

Because I had no pattern, my quilt is a bit different. The handles are a little wider and the blocks are five inches square instead of four inches. My quilt, without the borders, is 22 x 29 1/2 inches.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Very nice! What do you use as a batt? It has such an antique look to it. And I presume hand quilted?

January 1, 2011 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger Monique said...

Yes, it is hand quilted. I used a piece of white flannel for the batting.

January 1, 2011 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Adorable! Flannel works great for batting, doesn't it? It makes the little quilts drape much like a vintage one, I think.

January 1, 2011 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger Lee Prairie Designs said...

Adorable Monique! No wonder it looks like a antique doll quilt. So quaint! Thanks for sharing.

Carolyn :)

January 2, 2011 at 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home